Miller Funeral Home - 115 W. Columbia St.
In 1897, the Neiderts moved their firm to 115 W. Columbia Street. In early 1941, John Neidert changed the name from Neidert Undertaking Co. -to- Neidert Funeral Home.
Berl & Juanita Miller came to Farmington from Perryville, MO. in 1940, and Berl bought a 1/4 interest in Neidert Funeral Home. In 1941, Berl bought the remaining stock & changed the name of the firm that same day to Miller Funeral Home, Inc.
Mr. & Mrs. Miller started on a ambitious remodeling program & made a number of improvements to the property. The Neiderts moved into the Millers residence on W. College St. Berl & Juanita then moved to the funeral home apt. previously occupied by the Neiderts. Berl constructed a new large chapel, seating 140, to the premises.
Berl & Juanita were known as progressive, innovative & talented funeral professionals throughout Missouri. Both were dedicated to their family; church; schools & community. A photo of Berl & Juanita appears on the "staff" page when you click on either Dave Taylor -or- Ann Taylor. The photo was taken in 1978.
Paul K. Dugal joined the firm upon his return from the US NAVY & WWII. Paul was one of the most talented & thorough embalmers to ever practice - anywhere ! Paul passed away in 1991. Grace passed away in 2006.
The business steadily increased thru their stewardship. They also ran ambulance service until the St. Francois Co. Ambulance District was formed in 1968.
The Millers sold in 1977, to former employee, David Taylor, & his wife, Ann. David & Ann assumed management of Miller Funeral Home in 1978, upon their return from Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, where David was The Mortician for The Arabian-American Oil Company. Berl passed away in 1990, Juanita passed away June 29, 2007.